Assistant Adjunct Professor of Medicine
Office Phone: (858) 534-2794
Lab Phone: (858) 534-2791
Lab Website: mccolelab.ucsd.edu
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Epithelial cell biology
- Ion transport
- Barrier function
- Regulation of epithelial cell function by the energy sensor
Most Significant Publications
- McCole DF, Keely SJ, Barrett KE. Transactivation of the epidermal growth factor receptor in colonic epithelial cells by carbachol requires extracellular release of transforming growth factor-a. J Biol Chem 2002; 277: 42063-42612.
- McCole DF, Laurent F, Eckmann L, Kagnoff MF. Intestinal epithelial cell apoptosis following Cryptosporidium parvum infection. Infect Immun 2000; 68: 1710-1713.
- McCole DF, Rogler G, Varki N, Barrett KE. Epidermal growth factor partially restores colonic ion transport responses in mouse model of chronic colitis. Gastroenterology 2005; 129: 591-608.
- McCole DF, Truong A, Bunz M, Barrett KE. Consequences of direct vs. indirect activation of EGFr in intestinal epithelial cells are dedicated by protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B. J Biol Chem 2007; 282: 13303-13315.
- Chappell AE, Bunz M, Dong H, Seol E, Lytle C, Barrett KE, McCole DF. Hydrogen peroxide inhibits Ca2+-dependent chloride secretion across colonic epithelial cells via distinct kinase signaling pathways and ion transport proteins. FASEB J 2008; 22: 2023-2036.
Click here for more publications by Declan McCole, MD.